This is just one of the so many apple crumble around the web. This is my first time making it. It come out very delicious. Very easy.
I use @slesta ‘s recipe, although I modified it a little.
6 medium apples
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon/vanilla essence
50g butter or margarine
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1. Crumble : Mash the butter/margarine in a dry bowl with a fork. Mix it with the flour
until you have a texture like breadcrumbs. Add the oatmeal and sugar. (Use your hand)
2. Peel and cut the apples into small cubes, put it in a large bowl (or directly to the casserole dish)
3. Put the sugar, butter, and cinnamon into the bowl, mix it well with the apples
4. Spread the crumble over the apples.
5. Bake it at 180°C / 350°F for 40 minutes (until the crumble is brown and the apples are bubbling)
6. Serve it hot/cold with vanilla ice cream